"All Who Wander Are Not Lost"


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First snow

Last night we had our first snow in town, but today is sunny and beautiful. We had little kitty footprints in the snow outside our door this morning and I felt so sorry for the little fellow that had tried to seek refuge at our door in the middle of the night. We've nicknamed the cat sniffles. It lives next door, but I'm not sure whether or not our neighbors even feed the little thing. They're not really the type to take care of anything. Anyhow, Brian's at work today, possibly being shot at by law enforcement officers with paintball guns. He's participating in role play scenarios to aid the law enforcement officers and heard a rumor that paintball guns might be involved. I just got back from my first physical therapy appointment in quite a while. I'm still walking with limp, so I wanted to figure out how to straighten out my walk. They filmed my walk on a tread mill and discovered that I'm rotating my leg inwards when I walk, so I've been given a number of new exercises to fix it. I'm excited about them, because I want to kick this limp and get back to normal. Yesterday, was quite enjoyable. I was able to go on a long walk with a friend who's a new mother, which was nice. We haven't done much together in the last year, so it was really nice to catch up. (And for whoever is wondering Brian and I are not quite ready yet.) The little tyke was cute, but we're not ready for that responsibility just yet. Brian also cut out of work early yesterday and we were able to get a lot done around our place. We've been trying to organize and create more space. We've been making lots of drops at good will and it's been refreshing getting rid of the build up that we never use. Brian rearranged the upstairs area and it looks a lot nicer now. Thank goodness for more space and less mess. Today, my goal is to work out at the house, do my new physical therapy excercises, make some jewelry in preparation for attempting to sell some (we'll see how that goes), walk to the bank, call the dish washer repairman (because our dishwasher miraculously started working last week while he was here and now of course a week later it has stopped working again), and make dinner. I'm busier now as a housewife than I was when I was working all summer.

2 comments:

Grannie said...

Love all this..... except the snow part...... please take it away before I come! I'm patient on babies but I sure love to play with them and hold them! Glad you get to play house instead of work right now.
Love
Miss Terri

Jessica said...

Feels so good to get rid of stuff, doesn't it?? We have been doing that around here too and it is fabulous!! Good luck with your PT and jewelry-making! You should post pics of projects you are working on!