Wednesday, October 13, 2010
End of the Season
I have just finished my second season with the forest service. I'm ending a little bit earlier this year, because I am not able to fight fire right now due to my knee. The lookout season ends earlier than the fire season. Brian still has about two months left on his season.
In celebration of ending my season we took a small road trip to the John Day Fossil Beds and Painted Hills in Eastern Oregon. It's about three hours away. We had never been before and it was fantastic. Small little interpretive hikes, perfect for a semi-injured party member. I'm not yet up to long hikes and backpacking.
We're actually going to be quite busy for the next couple of weekends. I'm getting together with my sister this weekend for some camping. Brian wants to go kayaking or rock climbing while I'm gone. The next weekend we should both be here. The following weekend Brian is going to the coast with his rapel buddies. They're renting a house in Seaside. I'm staying in town because a couple of our friends are throwing a huge halloween party, complete with live bands. Then the following week Brian's parents will be in town. Brian's going to take a couple of days off. We're going to be in Hood River for part of their stay and Bend for part of it. I'm really looking forward to the visit. Brad should be coming as well. After that our next plans involve Thanksgiving and then Brian's done with work.
We just figured out our winter plans too. We'll be in Hawaii in the beginning of December and then we're headed to Michigan. We should be there through the holidays and into January. Then depending on my grandparents plans we'd like to go to Florida for a week. Brian has to fly back to Oregon for a class, but I'll be driving on to Lousiana and then Colorado for my cousin Tim's wedding. Brian will meet me there. Then we'll drive back to Oregon via a few weeks in Utah and then it's back to work for Brian. Wow. Now everybody knows all of our plans minus the dates and that's because we don't even know the dates for sure. I feel like I don't need to blog again until spring now.
Immediate plans: We're going to a ski flick tonight in the old theater and tomorrow we're meeting up with friends to celebrate someone's b-day. That's everything.
On another note, I've managed to stay more than busy since I finished work on Friday. The last two days have been non-stop for me and I have plans to keep myself entirely busy, during my six month sojourn from work. I joined the local gym and I plan to swim every day. I also need to do my physical therapy every day. On top of that, I plan on doing some mini-projects. My winter will be over before I know it, especially with all of our travel plans.
Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment