"All Who Wander Are Not Lost"


Sunday, August 10, 2008

July/August

It looks like it's been a long time since Brian and I last posted. Let's see. In the last month the main event was our anniversary on July 21. We celebrated the weekend before, as they were predicting lightning on our actual anniversary. That wouldn't matter too much for the rest of the population but when your husband is a wildland firefighter lightning means fires and long hours. It was a good thing we did celebrate the weekend before as Brian got home right before midnight on our actual anniversary. To celebrate, we spent a night in a fire lookout that our friends staff. We saw a beautiful sunset, an incredible orange, full moon rising over the mountains and a amazing sunrise. Yes, we were up that early. Well at least I was. When your bed is surrounded by windows on all sides...you wake up pretty early. Brian did raise his head to see the sunrise. That day we went on a mosquito infested hike around a truly beautiful lake. We didn't have any bug spray so it was a pretty fast hike. Poor Brian was covered in welts. The rest of the day we spent at Sunriver Resort, where we went bike riding and had a very nice sunset dinner. What else...Brian's been on a lot of local fires over the past month. (Quarter to half acre fires) He's also been doing a lot of kayaking after work at first street rapids, which are located right down town. Really he's been working long hours though. I've been working long hours too, so we haven't been able to do as much together this summer as we would like. Come winter though...we'll both have plenty of time. I also competed in a waterskiing contest one day and joined the local waterskiing club. I alos just got back from our annual family camp on Elk and Skegemog lakes located near Traverse City, MI. This is the highlight of my summer every year. It was great to see everyone and almost everyone was there. We spent the week skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, slacklining, swimming, hanging out on the dock, socializing and playing yard games. I love it. We also held our first annual camp bar tour and wine tasting. (The youngest cousin turned 21 last year.) And of course we had amazing food. I was also able to see Brian's parents and their new boat. They came to visit one day, which was really nice. I also went to a family reunion on my dad's side, which was nice. We spent the day hanging out and skiing. That's about all that is going on in our lives right now. Enjoy.

No comments: