It's been a long time since I've updated on here, and I only have two excuses...a lack of time this summer and last time I tried to update I couldn't remember our password for the life of me. We all have too many passwords these days for any and all applications and this password kept escaping me.
Anyhow, Brian is coming home from his dispatch in a few hours so I'm excited about that. He's been gone for almost two weeks, chasing fires around Oregon and Washington. Apparently, they had a couple really cold nights while camping. We've already had snow at the beginning of October, so I'm sure that camping was a little bit chilly. Today is an absolutely beautiful fall day and I'm looking forward to a walk a little bit latter.
I'm done with the lookout for the year. My last day in the towers was October 8. I great season and really enjoyed my new job. I'll be working as a straight up fire fighter now until the end of the season (for me Nov. 7). Brian will stay on a little bit longer than me and will probably be working until early December. I'm kind of looking forward to the end of the season. We have a few trips planned. We'll be spending some time in both Michigan and Lousisiana, which I'm super excited about, and we'll also be rafting down the Grand Canyon again this winter. It's going to be a busy winter. Brian will start fire classes again as soon as we get back from the Canyon in late Februrary. Then in March one of my best friends is getting married in Louisiana, so we're going to be back there again in the Spring. Like I said it's going to be a busy winter that I'm really looking forward to. Like all traveling it will probably go by entirely too fast.
Anyhow, I need to go enjoy this day. I've spent the morning reading and I need to enjoy this beautiful weather.
I'll try to post some pictures on here of our summer before I head out.
P.S. Brian and I are both looking forward to spending our first two days off together since May this weekend. Thank you Columbus Day.
P.P.S. I'd label the photos, but I'm not quite sure how to and I'm also not sure how to move them to the bottom of the post. The photos of Brian and I were taken on a little day trip in Oregon. The lookout is Spring Butte, where I work. There's a picture of my mom, dad and sister visiting Spring Butte while they were in town. One photo is of the inside of the lookout and the last photo is of smoke billowing toward me from a fire on another forest.
No comments:
Post a Comment