Ok, so once again I have not been good about updating.
A friend of mine from college moved to Bend two weeks ago and has been staying with us while she looks for a job and for a place. It has been a ton of fun having her around and I'm really looking forward to her being in town.
Brian has been on a fire in Southern Oregon for almost two weeks now. It's a huge lightning complex that started in a beautiful area, where we like to go camping and kayaking. I guess it's a couple of thousand acres and there are over 900 people trying to put the fire out.
He'll be home on Friday and I absolutely can't wait. We haven't been apart for a full two weeks in a long time. It worked out for him to be away this week though, since my friend is staying with us.
I also had my 28th birthday on Sept. 9. Unfortunately, Brian was on a fire so we haven't been able to celebrate together yet, but he'll be home soon. My friend Sara and I went up to our friend's (Joey and Shannon) fire lookout that they staff in the summer. It was a great birthday. We just hung out, watched the sun set, listened to Joey play the guitar and ate cherry cobbler. Yum. Yum.
We went up there another night recently too for a firefighters going away party. They ended up having a fire though, so nobody showed up except for the young man and he didn't get there till 11:00. We had fun though.
That's about all the news.
Brian's parents are coming out in a two weeks, which should be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to showing them our place and showing them around Bend. They've been out before, but we were living in Sunriver. Bend is a much better place for hosting visitors. There's just a lot more to do.
I'm hoping that my parents and grandparents will make it out sometime as well.
Oh yeah, my sister and I are going to meet up to go camping in the next couple of weeks at Mt. Rainier National Park, so I'm looking forward to that as well.
The Marina where I work on my weekends will be closed in two weeks too, so I'm really looking forward to having two day weekends again. I can't wait for Brian to start getting two day weekends as well, but that might be a while.
Anyhow, I've been rambling so enjoy everybody. We'll catch you on the flip side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment