So in the last update I clued everyone in to our crazy weekend. Well, the crazy weekend just ended yesterday after almost two weeks. We had a ton of fun though. Rachel and her boyfriend, Andrew, showed up on Wednesday (the week before last) and then our friends Deb and Justin showed up on Friday. They left Saturday morning and then my cousin Anna and her husband, Rob, showed up shortly after. They took off Sunday, only to be replaced by Rachel's friend Katherine and her sister, Sara. Well, Sara had to fly out the next day from Portland so they left on Monday and Rachel and Andrew left on Tuesday. Well, Katherine showed back up on Tuesday and then stayed through last night (Monday.) I know crazy.
In the middle of all that was Brian's 30th birthday. Yea Brian, the big 30. I had to work that day and it was raining so Brian didn't go skiing as he had originally intended. That night though we went out for a nice dinner at the Pine Tavern (great spot). After dinner we had cake and ice cream at the house and Brian opened his presents. Then we changed out of our nice dinner clothes into our camping clothes, packed the truck and took off for Round Mountain lookout where are friends Joey and Shannon are stationed. We got up there late and stayed up even later, but it was a lot of fun....and I think that Brian had a great birthday (even if he was a bit bummed about it being his 30th).
Last weekend we headed over to Ripplebrook, where Brian used to work on the Mt. Hood National Forest. We hung out with our friends Justin and Deb, who are stationed there this summer. We got there Friday night and hung out around the campfire. The next day Brian and I went on a great hike to the top of a ridge (2,000 feet in 3 miles)....it was a good workout hike. Then we met up with Deb and Justin to go kayaking on the Clackamas River. I took a nice swim through Carter Falls so I called it good after that, but everyone else continued and had a great time. The next day Brian kayaked and I jumped in a paddle raft with four other people and had a great time. Brian loves to kayak. He jumps at every chance he gets to go boat. I still consider myself a beginner and I enjoy it, but it depends on the river and how well I do. I have to say that I like rafting a heck of a lot better....probably because I don't get dumped out of the boat as much. Anyhow, it was a great weekend too.
Now we're back...well I am. Brian went to Tacoma, Wash., tonight for an auction that's taking place tomorrow. While he's gone, I rented some chic flicks and plan on taking it easy tonight. We've been on the go so much that it's about time we had a break. I have to say that the last two weekends were a blast though.
Enjoy. I'll add photos tomorrow. It's not working tonight for some reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Over the Hill" at 30? Yikes! Poor Brian! ;)
Post a Comment